Our Curriculum at Holwell Primary
Statement of Intent
At Holwell, we aim to create a high attaining, aspirational culture for all and immerse our pupils in a language rich environment. We strive to empower pupils to follow the RICRAC behaviours and embrace the world with respect, inspiration, co-operation, resilience, aspiration and courage.
- All Staff and pupils have high expectations and aspirations of themselves and each other.
- Our RICRAC Characteristics are an integral part of the Holwell curriculum and teaches students attitudes and skills that can be transferred through each stage of their learning.
- Our curriculum is broad and dynamic and always prepares students for their next stage of learning and life in the 21st Century
- Our environment exposes our students to a high level of vocabulary and reading is valued as an important skill to access education for life and a central part of our curriculum.
- We cultivate a rich source of cultural capital through experiences both in the school and throughout the wider community to address social and economic challenges in the local area. Pupil’s cultural awareness is broadened and students student builds a broad range of personal and social skills that enable learning, growth and participation as active citizens.